Phycocyanin tablets are refined using the essence of spirulina, phycocyanin. Spirulina contains more than 50 health and nutritional components, the most essential of which is phycocyanin. Phycocyanin is a natural pigment protein with various medical and pharmacological properties.
The benefits of Phycocyanin Tablets
(1) Antioxidant. Many literatures have shown that phycocyanin has antioxidant activity of scavenging hydroxyl free radicals and hydroperoxy free radicals . Some researchers established a mouse model of adriamycin-induced oxidative damage, and found that the level of reactive oxygen species in the treatment group decreased significantly compared with the control group in the model mice treated with phycocyanin.
(2) Adjuvant protective function against radiation hazards. By establishing a mouse model of X-ray radiation damage, researchers studied the protective effect of phycocyanin on radiation-induced oxidative damage. The experimental results showed that phycocyanin could improve the antioxidant capacity of mice and reduce oxidative damage caused by radiation .
(3) Enhance immunity. The mouse model test showed that phycocyanin improved the immune function of mice. In addition, phycocyanin has also been reported to reduce allergic reactions in mice through immunomodulatory activity .
(4) It has an adjuvant protective function against chemical liver injury. By establishing a rat model of alcoholic liver injury, researchers found that the administration of phycocyanin complex could effectively inhibit the damage of liver cells caused by alcohol, inhibit the increase of MDA in serum and liver, and protect liver cells, and the dose-effect relationship was significant .
(5) It Helps retain skin moisture and reduces dryness. The researchers investigated the effects of phycocyanin on skin function in healthy subjects in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, and found that in the test diet group containing phycocyanin, the amount of water evaporating from the skin was significantly reduced after 8 weeks.
BINMEI Phycocyanin Tablets
- Ingredients: spirulina extract, trehalose, sodium citrate
- Specification 1: 0.25g/piece, Φ10mm/piece
- Specification 2: 0.15g/piece, Φ8mm/piece
- OEM available
- Manufacturer: Zhejiang Binmei Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Usage and dosage recommendations
How to eat: Take with warm water.
Recommended Dosage: Two to five tablets a day. Follow the advice of a medical professional or dietitian.
Risks and side effects
In an experiment to study the potential anticoagulant effects of phycocyanin, volunteers were given high doses of liquid phycocyanin daily (2.3 g/day). The procedure and results showed no risk in terms of coagulation and platelet activity.
Analysis by ANSES (the French Agency for Food, Environmental, and Occupational Health & Safety), with rates of 0096g/kg/ day (adults: 0.576g/60kg/ day, children: 0.288g/30kg/ day) to assess the maximum dose of phycocyanin, and no adverse effects were observed . In summary, the risk of taking phycocyanin is particularly low. However, we still recommend not taking it in the following groups. This includes minors, pregnant women, those planning to become pregnant, and those who are breastfeeding.
Use with caution in the following groups:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough information to prove whether it is safe to use algae blue protein tablets while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Children: Children are more sensitive to contaminated blue-green algae products than adults.
Autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and pemphigus vulgaris: Phycocyanin may cause the immune system to become more active, which may increase symptoms of autoimmune diseases.
Surgery: There is concern that it may interfere with the immune system during and after surgery. Stop using phycocyanin tablets at least 2 weeks before the scheduled surgery.
Nature’s fruits, plants, and algae are usually beneficial to the human body while providing delicious colleagues. For example, we are familiar with roses, which not only provide beauty and romance but also invigorate blood circulation, and strengthen the spleen and stomach. Phycocyanin tablets are also such a natural plant extract. The raw material of phycocyanin is not only a rare natural blue color among natural pigments but also has multiple effects such as improving immunity, moisturizing, and hydrating.
Q: When should I take it?
A: You can take it whenever you like, but we suggest you take it after meals. It’s better for digestion and absorption.
Q: Can I have it with tea or coffee?
A: Sure. But the best way is to take it with a large glass of warm water.
Q: How many tablets should I take a day?
A: Please follow our recommended daily intake and take it at the right time each day
Q: How long will it take to see results?
A: The clinical trial lasted about 8 weeks, but we recommend that you continue to take them continuously.
Q: Can I take it if I am a minor, pregnant, or breastfeeding?
A: This product is not suitable for minors, pregnant women, those planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, please do not take it.
Q: How do I get phycocyanin tablets?
A: If you want to buy phycocyanin tablets, Binmei is your best choice. Here are the reasons for choosing BINMEI:
1. High tech: Binmei is one of the few technology companies in the world capable of producing phycocyanin on a large scale
2. Strict quality control: Binmei has established a rapid traceability quality management system from raw material breeding to end consumers
3. Strong R&D team, 10 years of active protein field, 9 patents, patent number: ZL 2014104091705
Q: I am a business. Can I purchase in large quantities?
A: Yes, we are a factory. We can supply you with industrial packing and quantity.
Jensen GS, Drapeau C, Lenninger M, Benson KF. Clinical Safety of a High Dose of Phycocyanin-Enriched Aqueous Extract from Arthrospira (Spirulina) platensis: Results from a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study with a Focus on Anticoagulant Activity and Platelet Activation. J Med Food. 2016 Jul; 19 (7): 645-53. doi: 10.1089 / jmf.2015.0143. Epub 2016 Jun 30. PMID: 27362442; PMCID: PMC4948198.